Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This post is difficult for me because I'm generally not a fan of books made into movies. Seldom is it done in a way that gives the book all it deserves. That being said, this is a list of books I would like to see made into movies provided they are done very, very well.
1. Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon: An amazing story that could be easily translated to the big screen.
2. Kindred - Octavia Butler: "A kind of grim fantasy" that could prove to be a heartbreaking but powerful movie.
3. The Book of Illusions - Paul Auster: I couldn't put this book down and provided the movie was done well, I think it would be a great suspense.
4. Oryx and Crake or The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood: This one would be a tough movie to make, but it would be quite interesting to see.
5. The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barbury: The movie might be slow, but I'd still go see it.
6. The Book of Lost Things - John Connolly: A great adventure story that would be anything but boring.
7. The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri: Really a touching story that wouldn't be too hard to bring to the big screen.
8. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer: I hesitate to add this one to the list, because in reality I don't think the movie would come close to giving the novel the justice it deserves, but it would still be interesting to see.
9. One Day - David Nichols: I know this is already made into a movie but I can't wait to see it!