9.15.2010

I Jumped In My Skin For Terror

Reading Now: Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
The neighborhood, to our ears, seemed haunted by approaching footsteps; and what between the dead body of the captain on the parlour floor and the thought of that detestable blind beggar hovering near at my hand and ready to return, there were moments when, as the saying goes, I jumped in my skin for terror. 
This is the first book I chose to read for the R.I.P challenge because it's been on my TBR pile for quite awhile, I've been saving it for the Fall and because I loved The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I'm going to wait until I finish the book to voice any reservations, but so far I'm enjoying myself. Good choice for R.I.P! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, good choice for R.I.P. I must have read this book at least 10 years ago, but I remember it to be a very fun and intense read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete