12.21.2010

Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings Me


Santa won't bring me books because I didn't ask him for books. Well, I did ask him for one book specifically. But besides that, I didn't ask Santa for books because book shopping is one of my favorite things. I'd rather go to the bookstore myself than trouble Santa. However, if Santa is reading this and really wants to bring me books, these are the ones I would ask for:

1. 1001 Books To Read Before You Die: This is the one book I did ask Santa to bring me.

2. Kapitoil - Teddy Wayne: I've had this on my TBR ever since I read my first review of it, but I don't want to pay the price for hardcover.

3. Big Girls Don't Cry: The Election That Changed Everything For American Women - Rebecca Traister: Ever since I saw this title on this list, I've had it on my TBR.

4. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami: On the 1001 Books To Read Before You Die list that I have moved to the top since Ben told me it was one of his favorites that he has read from the list.

5. The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro: The Avid Reader named it as her favorite book of 2010 and we have such similar reading tastes, I think I'm bound to love it.

6. The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath - Sylvia Plath: This has been on my TBR for awhile and I'm having difficulty finding in at Half Price Books, probably because I'm looking in the wrong sections.

7. Everything Is Illuminated - Jonathan Safron Foer: Santa, I would like the paperback edition of this novel that doesn't picture Elijah Wood on the cover. Thanks!

8. The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorn: I want to read this for my classics challenge, and Santa, a nice fancy edition would be delightful!

9. Room - Emma Donoghue: I Santa could get an advanced copy of the paperback edition that would be fabulous. Or maybe his elves could fashion something...

10. Great House - Nichole Krauss: After reading Man Walks Into A Room I've been looking forward to Krauss' latest.

Thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for hosting Top Ten Tuesday!
Image via WeHeartIt.

15 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I'd rather do the book shopping myself. Nice options if you did ask someone to buy you books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you can't go wrong with Jonathan Safran Foer! Everything Is Illuminated is one of my favorites (and I have a non-Elijah cover from the old days, though I do love him!). Great House is on my wishlist, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list -- I've read both Room and Great House and they will be woth the wait.
    Merry Christmas, and I hope Santa is good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What books am I hoping to get from Santa?

    1. Hunger Games triology box set by Suzanne Collins
    2. Millennium/Girl with the Dragon Tattoo box set by Stieg Larsson
    3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
    4. Matched by Ally Condie
    5. Vampire Academy box set by Richelle Mead
    6. Of Thee I Sing by President Barack Obama
    7. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
    8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    9. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
    10. Strange Fate by L.J. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would prefer to buy the books myself with a nice fat gift card, but I get so distracted by all the new and shiny books that I tend to not stick to my list. But it's still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved the Unabridged Journals of Sylia PLath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting 1001 Books to Read Before You Die as well! Really looking forward to getting this one! I'll never get through the 1001 but it'll be fun reading as many as I can.

    Room is awesome. One of my favourite books for 2010

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I have read Scarlet Letter and I loved it!
    hmm I would wish for 1001 Books to read before you die too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices; several of those are on my list as well. Hope Santa remembers--he is OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list and I love that they're not all NEW books! I just picked up Everything is Illuminated from Borders because I couldn't wait to see if Santa would bring for me. Remains of the Day is a wonderful book--just passed it on to my dad to read.

    And of course 1001 Books is a great one. Have you seen the interactive excel spreadsheet? I can't remember where I found the copy but I bet if you google you can find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your choices. 5, 7, 9 and 10 are all fantastic. I definitely hope you get 1001 books too, it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trish, I did NOT know about an excel spreadsheet for 1001 books! I am going to google that now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! The Unabridged Journals, Everything Is Illuminated, and The Scarlet Letter are some of my favorites. And Great House would be maybe, like, number 11 on my list. I'm really looking forward to reading it someday, maybe when it's in paperback. I loved The History of Love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brenna, this is a fantastic list--I would gladly take (and read) them all....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Ishiguro, Foer and Murakami. I hope Santa brings you at least some of those!

    ReplyDelete