Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
1. Oskar Schell from Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - Because he is awesome - an inventor, jewelry maker, and coin collector among many other things, Oskar's brilliance and sensitivity would make him an interesting little boy to have around.
2. Minerva McGonagall from The Harry Potter Series - A wise, wise woman that would make a terrific grandmother.
3. Harriet M. Welsh from Harriet the Spy - She'd be a fun little sister - a little crazy, super curious and very smart, she's a very honest and precious little girl.
4. Sally Jay Gorce from The Dud Avocado: Hilarious and tough - Sally Jay Gorce would be the best twin sister ever.
5. Anne Frank from The Diary of a Young Girl - So she isn't a character per se, but I think she was such an interesting, intelligent and unique girl.
6. Anne Eliot from Persuasion: I think Anne would make a great sister. Despite her isolation and loneliness, she never seems bitter. I could learn a lot from Anne.
7. Santiago from The Old Man and The Sea: One of the most endearing old men ever, Santiago is both a dreamer and a realist - a man that would make a fantastic grandfather.
8. David Sedaris from Me Talk Pretty One Day: Another character who isn't fictional, I consider Sedaris to be one of the funniest writers out there. I'd love to have him around as a brother or a cousin.