6.02.2010

Chuck Bass as Heathcliff?


I'm about halfway through Wuthering Heights and it's fantastic so naturally I imdb'd the title. It looks like there have been a handful of movies made and there is one in production - starring Ed Westwick as Heathcliff!

I haven't watched Gossip Girl in ages but the characteristcs that embody Heathcliff (brooding, misunderstood, sinister yet sexy) are perfect for the face behind Chuck Bass.

I suppose my only gripe with Westwick is that he is a little young - maybe someone in their late 20's would have been more suitable. However Ed appeals to that demographic of young teenage girls who will hopefully come to fall in love with Wuthering Heights like I have.

"And, as to you Catherine, I have a mind to speak a few words now, while we are at it. I want you to be aware that I know you have treated me infernally - infernally! Do you hear? And if you flatter yourself that I don't perceive it, you are a fool; and if you think I can be consoled by sweet words, you are an idiot: and if you fancy I'll suffer unrevenged, I'll convince you of the contrary, in a very little while!" Muuuuahahahaha. Perfect for Ed!

2 comments:

  1. I love Chuck Bass. He will be amazing as Heathcliff!
    PS: I came over because I saw on Bibliophiliac that you know how to find lost google analytics codes! Then I got distracted by your blog... but could you possibly also tell me how to find my code?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can help you get your code. I'll leave a comment for you on your blog with instructions! Give me a second...

    I'm happy to know this was a distraction :) A welcome one I hope.

    ReplyDelete