I was pretty excited about this one. I don't think I have been this excited about a book since I was 13 and the second Harry Potter book was published and I know that many of you share my enthusiasm for this one.
In lieu of a traditional review that will be posted the week of October 11th, I wanted to share a few non-spoiler thoughts on Eugenides' latest novel, The Marriage Plot.
- This novel was everything I hoped it would be and reminded me why I love reading so much.
- Whenever I read Eudenides I have an urge to cancel all plans so I can stay at home and read all day; he has got a serious gift for sucking me into his plots.
- There are many passages throughout the novel that I underlined thinking to myself, "exactly!"
- I hope it doesn't take another 10 years for Eugenides to write another book.
- It would be interesting if Cal Stephanides met Leonard Bankhead.
- The ending of this book is probably the most satisfying ending I've read all year.