10.25.2010

R.I.P. Challenge - Complete


This was my first time participating in the R.I.P. challenge and I loved it. I participated in Peril the First: Read four books, any length, that you feel fits my very broad definition of scary. It could be Stephen King or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Ian Fleming or Edgar Allan Poe…or anyone in between. I read five, because I especially love scary books this time of the year:

Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson
The Turn of the Screw - Henry James
The Book of Lost Things - John Connolly

My very favorite of the five was Stiff, followed closely by The Turn of the Screw and The Book of Lost Things

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing! I really need to read some Mary Roach soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flung myself full force into RIP this year and loved it! I think nearly every single book I've read for the last two months has been RIP related! :) I'm glad you had so much fun! I really need to read The Turn of the Screw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nymeth, You really do. This was my first and I loved it. I'm pretty picky about non-fiction and this one hit the spot.

    Amanda, That's awesome! That was kind of my plan at the start, then I needed to mix up the dark novels with something a little more uplifting.

    ReplyDelete