Top Ten Books I'll NEVER Read
I'm not huge on memes but I love making lists, so when The Broke and the Bookish began Top Ten Tuesday I knew I'd eventually succumb. Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because, like me, they are particularly fond of lists.
Top Ten Books I'll (probably) NEVER Read:
1. Ulysses - James Joyce: This is probably the most intimidating of all novels. I just can't see myself picking it up. In a related note, I am currently reading The Penelopiad, which Margaret Atwood wrote for The Canongate Myth Series and tells Penelope's (wife of Odysseus) side of the story. I'm enjoying it very much.
2. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert: This book is probably the biggest cliché of all time. It would probably just make me angry and annoyed.
3. Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pynchon: I read The Crying Lot of 49 in college and loved it. It probably helped that the professor who taught it was amazing. While Pynchon is a literary genius, Gravity's Rainbow scares me.
4. Any and all future books written by James Patterson. Because I hate James Patterson, Inc.
5. The Lord of The Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien: I didn't enjoy the movies and I've decided the series isn't for me.
6. Clarissa - Samual Richardson: I read Pamela in college. It's one of the most boring books I've ever read and I have absolutely no interest in tackling Clarissa. Richardson just isn't my thing.
7. I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Tucker Max: Because I hate assholes and am not interested in supporting their debauched behavior.
8. The Iliad or The Odyssey - Homer: The only way I would get around to reading these books was if I were trapped somewhere for many days and only had these novels for reading material. I"m just being honest
9. Angles and Demons and The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown: Because Dan Brown is the most overrated author there is and The Da Vinci Code was just a sad excuse for a book.
10. Mein Kampf - Adolf Hitler: I just won't.