10.19.2010

Top Ten Fictional Crushes


1. Henry DeTamble- The Time Traveler's Wife (Niffeneger): He's a librarian. What is hotter than a guy who likes to read? Not to mention his advanced survival skills he developed as a result of you know, the uncontrollable time travel. Let's face it, the guy is downright resourceful. Oh yeah, and I want him to love me like he loves Claire.

2. Edward Rochester - Jane Eyre (Bronte): Dark, brooding and rough around the edges. Sure, he may be a bigamist (some may say creep) who keeps one wife locked up while marrying another - but there is something about him that gets me every time. Don't judge.

3. Jacob Jankowski - Water for Elephants (Gruen): A hard worker, animal lover and incredibly moral, I'd let Jacob sleep in my train car anyday.

4. Lysander - A Mid Summer Night's Dream (Shakespeare): What I envision to be the sexiest of all Shakespearean characters.

5. Jay Gatsby - The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald): He is incredibly social, impossibly handsome and ridiculously wealthy. The air of mystery surrounding his past is also intriguing. Stupid Daisy...

6. Severus Snape - The Harry Potter Series (Rowling): Again, don't judge.

7. Shadow - American Gods (Gaiman): Big strong man with a broken heart... I can't help it.

8. Stanley Kowalski - A Streetcar Named Desire (Williams): Passionate and always wearing a tight t-shirt, what's not to love? The uncontrollable rage, you say? Maybe it's because I fall for the bad boys or maybe it's because I watched the movie that stars Marlon Brando after I finished the book.

9. Leo Gursky - A History of Love (Krauss): This might be less of a crush than it is an extreme love for this character, he's probably my favorite out of all the books I've read this year. He's full of witty thoughts and crazy tendencies, and I love him.

10. Eric Northman - The Sookie Stackhouse Series (Harris): Confession; I have never read The Sookie Stackhouse Series. However, I couldn't pass up the chance to talk about Eric Northman, since he's based on a literary character. Simply stated, wow and wow. I'd pick Eric over Bill any day.


Thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for hosting Top Ten Tuesday!

27 comments:

  1. I should have put Rochester on my list! I agree with you, he's so dark and brooding.

    If you love Eric from the show, I think you'd love him more from the books. That's where I fell for him first. Book 4 is definitely an Eric book and one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Oh, if only some fictional men were real....:) I'm right there with you on Henry, Rochester and Eric Northman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! Henry, Jacob, Shadow, Leo, I know and love all but #10. Fantastic picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Snape. I love him as well. I actually almost put him on my list...and then didn't :(

    I agree with Loni about Eric, although I stopped reading the series after book number 7, Eric was definitely one of my favorite characters from the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorite is #3. Especially since he looks just like Robert Pattinson . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lysander and Gatsby: nice! Wish I had thought of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Henry and Jacob, but Edward Rochester is a bit creepy for me!

    I really need to read A History of Love soon too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, you chose GREAT ones! I agree with basically all of these; I almost included Mr. Rochester on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you on Mr.Rochester. That line towards the end of the book? "Reader, I married him" God to me, that is one of the most passionate lines in the English language. I would include Austen's Mr.Knightley and for some reason Maxim from Rebecca. Great list on the whole :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. farmlane, yes! yes you do! it's really great.

    Ben, I can't really include Bateman because I haven't read American Psyco yet. I read Glamorama earlier this year and decided to limit my Elis to one novel per year, else I may fall into a hole of depression. However, based on what I know about him (I saw the movie years ago) it's safe to say I could put him on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only men I know are Henry, Rochester and Severus but none of them will probably ever make my list, but this way we both have our hunting grounds right? ;)
    I'm looking forward to reading about Shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marlon Brando is what makes Stanley Kowalski so attractive, for sure. No judging with Snape, but I'm a Sirius girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daisy, American Gods is really great you should read it!

    Sarah, You're right. Marlon Brando is just so gorgeous. And hey, Sirius is a ligit choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rochester's on my list as well - no judgment here! Not so sure about Severus Snape though lol... :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Water for Elephants has been on my to-read list for ages! Glad to know there's someone swoonworthy...knowing that will make me more likely to get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have the same crushes!! Minus Snape, lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. dayna, I know... it's werid!

    anna, it's a really good read.

    Leica, Good to know! And I don't know why Snape. But I;m attracted to the Snape in the books, not the movies - just to be clear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, if you love Eric in the show, I think you'd definitely love him more in the novels! He's a lot.... more.... in the books! I love Henry too and you've given me some names to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Leo Gursky, too,,but no crush.
    This meme has just rekindled my crushes on the guys on my list. sigh!
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Robert Pattison will be playing Jacob in Water for Elephants. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Oh, and I'm so Team Eric...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Henry is in my top ten for sure! There's something endearing about Snape, isn't there? He's my favorite character - and he loved Lily so much. Yes. It's decided. I'm on board with the Snape thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eric is on my list too! Lol I love that you put Snape on :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lysander is an original choice--and Midsummer Night's Dream is a delightful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha I love the severus snape one. I don't know about the others, but I did order water for the elephants so I should have that sometime.
    http://bookaholicaanonymous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1girl, that's good to know! i haven't really had much interest in the books but knowing that, i may pick them up!

    anne, i know i love him too, in a want to hug him and cook him dinner way.

    samantha, i'm not going to lie that may or may not be the reason jacob janikowski made my list :)

    kate, i'm so happy you're on board!

    lu, eric made a lot of lists. i'm not surprised he's got that thing about him that just make women swoon

    bibliophiliac, thanks! midsummer is one of my favorite shakespeares.

    angelic, i love water for elephants!

    ReplyDelete