1. Henry DeTamble- The Time Traveler's Wife (Niffeneger): He's a librarian. What is hotter than a guy who likes to read? Not to mention his advanced survival skills he developed as a result of you know, the uncontrollable time travel. Let's face it, the guy is downright resourceful. Oh yeah, and I want him to love me like he loves Claire.
2. Edward Rochester - Jane Eyre (Bronte): Dark, brooding and rough around the edges. Sure, he may be a bigamist (some may say creep) who keeps one wife locked up while marrying another - but there is something about him that gets me every time. Don't judge.
3. Jacob Jankowski - Water for Elephants (Gruen): A hard worker, animal lover and incredibly moral, I'd let Jacob sleep in my train car anyday.
4. Lysander - A Mid Summer Night's Dream (Shakespeare): What I envision to be the sexiest of all Shakespearean characters.
5. Jay Gatsby - The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald): He is incredibly social, impossibly handsome and ridiculously wealthy. The air of mystery surrounding his past is also intriguing. Stupid Daisy...
6. Severus Snape - The Harry Potter Series (Rowling): Again, don't judge.
7. Shadow - American Gods (Gaiman): Big strong man with a broken heart... I can't help it.
8. Stanley Kowalski - A Streetcar Named Desire (Williams): Passionate and always wearing a tight t-shirt, what's not to love? The uncontrollable rage, you say? Maybe it's because I fall for the bad boys or maybe it's because I watched the movie that stars Marlon Brando after I finished the book.
9. Leo Gursky - A History of Love (Krauss): This might be less of a crush than it is an extreme love for this character, he's probably my favorite out of all the books I've read this year. He's full of witty thoughts and crazy tendencies, and I love him.
10. Eric Northman - The Sookie Stackhouse Series (Harris): Confession; I have never read The Sookie Stackhouse Series. However, I couldn't pass up the chance to talk about Eric Northman, since he's based on a literary character. Simply stated, wow and wow. I'd pick Eric over Bill any day.
Thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for hosting Top Ten Tuesday!